"Don't love me because I'm beautiful...Think I'm beautiful because you love me" - anonymous
"I can be your best friend or your worst enemy. I will let you pick which you prefer"

Friday, November 11, 2011

We Will Not Forget

This is another post I made on FB. It was written October 18th, 2011. The monday after my cousins son Jamie Hubley took his life.


Since Monday I haven't stopped crying

Today I got so angry at the use of what I feel is a very derogatory term. Was I being overly sensitive? Maybe. Are there other reasons for my anger? Yes. A dear friend of mine talked to me and asked me this question. I fell apart. I'm angry with what has happened. I feel like I have let my cousin Wendy, her husband Al, her son Josh and most importantly Jamie down. That if I had of seen or known I could have done something to prevent this. To shield him from the pain. To let him know it's ok to be different and most importantly to give him a hug. I'm suppose to be a healer.

If you read his father's statement you will see that although Jamie was gay his wasn't the reason he took his life. He suffered from depression. Caused by bullying, him accepting his sexuality and wanting to feel loved. One of the last times we saw him he seemed proud that he was gay. He talked about going to the gay pride parade and was so excited about it.

Jamie was a loving, caring boy. He wanted to help others in any way he could. He couldn't do it from this side but through those that he has left behind he will. We will. We need to fight for him. We need to speak out against Bullying. We need to stop it in it's tracks before yet another young life is taken from us. We cannot forget. We will not forget.

0 comments: